13 August 2014

Heritage Scrapbooking: Louise Album Recap

Thank you for following this series of posts featuring the heritage scrapbook album I made. Making the album about my dearly beloved Grannie was comforting as she passed away in January 2012. The scrapbook allows me to see a snapshot of her life in a visual format. I can share it with my children so they can remember their great Grannie.

Here is a recap of the color scheme that I used:



The digital scrapbook kits that I used:





The pages I created:























If you will give family history scrapbooking a try, remembering to focus on the photos and stories, you will be successful in preserving your family memories.


5 comments:

  1. I've done several traditional scrapbooks but more recently digital photo albums. I like that your digital album has that traditional look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. I have you to thank for my style... traditional. I like that better than simple. Traditional to me feels classic and thus will be pleasing throughout the coming years.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I purchased your Create a Family History Scrapbook and found it very useful. Do you create the pages and save them each as an individual image before uploading to a site like Mixbook to have them printed? I understand how to layout pages, creating layers etc in Photoshop or even using PowerPoint in portrait mode, but could not see where you detailed how to proceed from there. Any help appreciated, thank you. Carmel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! I love feedback like this to help me improve my presentations.

      Yes. I save each page as separate images before uploading to Mixbook. Some places let you up load two-page layouts, but I am using 8.5x11 spreads and most of those companies do not accept a single image for two pages. At least, that's what I've found so far.

      I save the files as .JPG, upload them to Mixbook and then arrange the pages in the photo book organizer. I hope that helps.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...