12 June 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Boy's Blue Sweater

A few posts back, I shared how this photo was incorporated into a craft calling my hubby a "Chip of the Ol Block". I am fortunate enough to have a mother-in-law who saved the sweater my husband wore in this photograph. The sweater was handmade by his grandmother, so, it was truly worth saving.



I prefer to photograph clothing on a model. Unfortunately, I don't have a model or a dress form this small. Okay, perhaps I could have sweet talked one of my youngsters to wear the item, but they would not have held still long enough for me to take a good photo.

In that case, laying the sweater down was ideal. I have learned that if you fold the sleeves in, rather than have them lay flat out, makes the object more appealing. After trying to photograph the sweater both ways, that tip is awesome.

So, if you have clothing that can not be placed on a model, be sure to fold the sleeves and such, to give the item more life.

2 comments:

  1. Aw... I wish my mom had saved an item of clothing from my childhood! I remember that she DID keep a lock of my hair from my first haircut in an envelope... long gone now...

    I like your idea about folding the sleeves to give the item more "life" when you can't have it modeled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thanks for your comments. I wish I had saved more of my things that I tossed out when I got married. Too bad digital technology came around a few years after that big day!

      I'm glad you like the tip. Give it a try on one of your favorite outfits. It really does wonders.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...