12 May 2014

Motivation Monday: Touched by Gratitude

I have been dabbling in family history for around 20 years. I started really young, back in the dinosaur era. Okay, okay. Not that far back. But back when PAF was new! That's long ago. As I have learned more about citing my sources and not necessarily believing every undocumented thing I see, I have shared my research. For years I have researched with very few cousin connections, and thus very little appreciate for my getting lost in the branches of my tree.

That is until I received an email last month. I'll keep the person's information private but I want to share the bulk of the email. Mind you, this came through the Ancestry.com member connection service. Collaborative Genealogy at its best!
Subject: Comfort family 
Hello, 
I have been working on my family tree on my grandfathers side recently. I was able to open up a huge portion of it and part of that is thanks to you and the research you have done, I just wanted to say thank you! On this portion on my family's side nothing was ever talked about and at this point my grandfather is in no condition to share any information unfortunately. 
My great great grandfather would of been Alanson Comfort, his daughter Nellie was my great grandmother, her son is Ronald Crayford who is my grandfather. 
You've done an amazing job of your family tree and again I thank you for making the information public!
Alanson is the brother of my 2nd great grandfather, Alonzo Comfort. I am humbled by her gratitude. I simply followed the suggested family trees I was given and attached records that proved or disproved the relationships along the way. When I was stuck on Alonzo, I would work on his siblings. I never thought anyone would appreciate my efforts. It's nice to know that not only did someone appreciate the work, but found their research open up. Additionally, they took the time to share their gratitude. I need to follow this person's example and thank others when their research benefits me.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. So rewarding to get messages like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree. Thanks for commenting. Sorry it took so long to find it.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...