24 April 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Boy Scout Crafts

Should I reveal the secret that young men and boys in Boy Scouts do crafts? Should I reveal the fact that they can earn and wear jewelry? I'm not sure that the boys want their female antagonists to gain more ammunition to target them about. For the good of recording family history, I shall reveal and Boy Scouts, beware. (If you get pestered, just remind those girls that the boys at Camp Halfblood where Percy Jackson wear their necklaces as a symbol of honor. Be proud.)

Okay, so I'm having a little fun with this collection of items found in my husband's treasure chest. His awesome mother painstakingly preserved  all of his scouting mementos. Meaning, she hauled this stuff cross country multiple times before passing it on to us (in addition to the boxes for her three other boys). Some of the items in this post are just plain awesome. I love the insight that comes to me about Boy Scouting with this collection of crafts and jewelry. And, I have more questions to ask the spouse about his memorabilia. Guess I need to plan a date with the hubby to ask my questions.


Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/8, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/8, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/8, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/8, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/8, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/6, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

Boy Scout Necklaces
Boy Scout Camp Necklace
f/5, exp 1/6, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weighted Average Metering

As you can see, these necklaces are from simple to fabulous. I am looking forward to putting the items I have photographed for my husband into a media presentation. I haven't decided if the format will be a scrapbook, a book with text and photos, or a video presentation. The great thing about digitally preserving our family history, is that there is time to create something with it. The first step, I believe, in family history is to preserve the memories. The second step is to do something with it.

This post brings me to the end of my husband's Cub Scout and Boy Scout treasures. I hope you've enjoyed the posts and are inspired to capture your father, husband, or son's participation in the program. I hope you know that you do not have to be a professional photographer before you grab your camera and document your stuff. A decent photograph is better than no photograph because you're 'not talented enough'. Grab your camera and start documenting!

Let me know how it goes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...