13 March 2014

Treasure Chest Thursday: Leather Crafts

My husband was active in Cub Scouts, completing the entire program. In addition to having items to decorate his uniform and awards presented that could be worn or hung, my husband also made a lot of things. That's what Cubs do... make things. Among those things were these leather crafts.

Camp Tracy Leather Craft
Camp Tracy Leather Craft
(ISO 100, f/5, exp 1/5, bias +0.7, AV, Macro Focus, Center Weight Average)
Frontier Fort Leather Craft
(ISO 100, f/5, exp 1/5, bias +0.7, AV, Macro Focus, Center Weight Average)
Camp Tracy Leather Craft
Camp Tracy Leather Craft
(ISO 100, f/5, exp 1/5, bias +0.7, AV, Macro Focus, Center Weight Average)
The set up for the photography session is the same as last week. DIY Lightbox, desk lamp light filtered through the tissue paper. Camera on tripod as close as I could physically get with the camera in AV mode. I switched to Macro mode to capture the detail of these small objects and I snapped a lot of photos.

In the past, I've had a tough time with the muslin fabric being very wrinkled. I did spend a lot of time ironing the muslin before this photo shoot. The background doesn't bother me so much. I will spend a few minutes in my photo editor making the images brighter using the levels adjustment. Otherwise, the photos are great.

I would love for anyone in the Great Salt Lake BSA Council who knows the history of Frontier Fort or Camp Tracy to tell me more about these places. Unfortunately, my husband remembers going and the people he went with. These stories are great. I would like to supplement the stories with some 'historical facts' so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...