26 March 2014

Heritage Scrapbooking: Color Scheme Part Three

When you create a heritage scrapbook, unity and flow is greatly improved when you pick one color scheme for your albums and stick to it, especially for small projects such as the ones I suggest in my book Create a Family History Scrapbook Digitally in 12 Simple Steps.

About this time last year, I shared the completed collection of scrapbook pages from my parents' separate scrapbooks . If you missed it, you can find the posts Using Color Schemes and Color Scheme Part Two.

Over the past weeks, I have shared with you some of the pages from my Grandpa Lew's scrapbook. Today, I want to share with you a recap of the color scheme that I used for the album. Thankfully, the color scheme was easy to use as I had a kit with plenty of options to chose from.

Americana by No Reimer Reason
Americana Kit by No Reimer Reason


The designer Amber Reimer of No Reimer Reason has some wonderful designs, one of which is called Americana. This kit was the primary kit that I used for Grandpa Lew's album. I used a few additional embellishments from a kit called Home of the Brave by Nikki Barber. I found that kit at Scrapbook.com.


Family Tree Scrapbook Layout
Family Tree Layout

Funeral Layout with Documents

Heritage Scrapbook Layout Baby Page
Baby Page Layout with Documents
Heritage Scrapbook Layout Childhood
Childhood Layout






Military Page - Right



Story Page - Clubs

Story Page - Clubs



As you can see, I utilized some pieces of the base kit with a few supplements from a secondary kit. The bulk of the design focused on the photos, documents, and stories of my grandfather. When you make a heritage album, I hope you'll be inspired by how simplicity really makes a wonderful tribute for your loved ones. When you have a book like this complete, you have a memorial ready to be used as a funeral book that people can view when they attend services. You can also have a great gift for the featured person while they're living. Or, such books can be treasures for those who are missing the ones they love.

Have fun making your family history albums. Feel free to leave a link to your projects so we can all see what you've created.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...