19 February 2014

Heritage Scrapbooking: Military Pages

One of the reasons I chose an American theme for the scrapbook featuring my grandfather Lewis Brown is the fact that he served in the Army during World War II. In my family history collection, I have a lot of documents and memorabilia. All of this makes easy pickings for scrapbook pages about his participation in second Great War.

Military Inspired Heritage Scrapbook Pages
Military Inspired Heritage Scrapbook Pages

Military Inspired Heritage Scrapbook Pages
Military Inspired Heritage Scrapbook Pages

Notice all of the documents that I've included on the first page. All of these things pertain to Lewis' participation. Also notice that I included the red military medal I photographed for my Photo Friday series. On the second page, I include a variety of photos, both black and white and sepia, of my Grandpa Lew in India. On this page, another artifact I photographed is included.

Now, I used the Americana Kit by No Reimer or Reason. The few additional embellishments were from a kit called Home of the Brave by Nikki Barber. I found that kit at Scrapbook.com. Notice that I don't really need much. The photos, documents, and the artifacts dominate and leave little room for anything else.

Now, I don't share my adventures in photographing memorabilia simply to show you how to photograph your objects, but to tie that in with the ability to included these items in your family history projects, such as a heritage albums. Get your cameras and scanners out and start digitizing your family history treasures to be included in your family history scrapbook.




To learn what additional pages you should include in a family history scrapbook, purchase the eBook Create a Family History Scrapbook Digitally in 12 Simple Steps at Amazon.com.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It's nice to have these work appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Devon,

    I want to let you know that two of your blog posts are listed in my Fab Finds post today at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2014/02/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-february-21.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Thanks to your mention, so many people have found this page that honors my grandfather.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...