06 February 2014

Heritage Scrapbook Page: Same Topic, Different Approach

What is amazing with scrapbooking is that the same topic can be presented in different approaches and still provide great layout ideas. Heritage scrapbooking is no different. In one album, a person might be a mother. In another album that same person will be someone's grandmother. The two scrapbooks can have very different color schemes and overall feels yet still compliment the nature of family history information and photos.

Heritage Scrapbook color schemes
Heritage Scrapbooking Color Scheme 1
Emma Townsend
In the scrapbook featuring Penny (Brown) Geiszler, Emma is Penny's grandmother. In the album featuring Lewis Brown, Emma is his mother.

Heritage Scrapbooking Mother Page
Heritage Scrapbooking Color Scheme 2
Page Kit: Americana by No Reimer Reason

You'll notice a few things. First, I still have the memorabilia items with Emma's printed married name. And I still have the same basic layout for the two pages. Why reinvent the wheel?  I essentially made a mirror image of the layout because of the direction Emma is looking in the photos. I wanted her to look into the middle of the book (this is a right hand page).

Second, you'll see that I have new photos. I always say Don't Let The Fear of Change Stop You From Making Something. I didn't know these two photos existed when I created the scrapbook for Penny's album. I might have to swap out the photos in Penny's album if I reprint it. At some point in the future, I would love to have someone restore the top photograph of Emma. However, I didn't want to wait for that someday before I created the page.

I also want you to notice how I was able to use the text from the first layout for the second. That's the BEAUTY of digital scrapbooking. I just copied and pasted the old text onto the new layout.

As you can see, both topics can be treated in different ways but still be perfect for the project you're working on. Have fun with your heritage projects and know that once you've created your first album, it's a cinch to make other albums using people from the same tree!




To learn what additional pages you should include in a family history scrapbook, purchase the eBook Create a Family History Scrapbook Digitally in 12 Simple Steps at Amazon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...