03 January 2014

Photo Friday: High School Band Medals


Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/25, ISO 80
Pattern metering
Last year I had monthly themes for my memorabilia posts. I invited many to participate in my challenges to get your memorabilia out of your attics, garages, closets, and from under your bed. Grab your camera and photograph your stuff. I've shown that you can take some amazing photos, even if your photography ability is near beginner level.

This year, I'm going to focus on writing, writing, writing. Thus, my Photo Friday features will be more brief in nature. I'll share with you some memorabilia photographs and how I took them. I might not go into much detail. But I do hope you'll still find the photos inspiring. Once your items are photographed, you can then include these items in your personal and family histories. Be sure to record why your items were so important to you.

So, without further ado, here's this week's installment.

Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/40, ISO 80
Pattern metering

Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/40, ISO 80
Pattern metering

Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/40, ISO 80
Pattern metering
Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/40, ISO 80
Pattern metering
Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/30, ISO 80
Pattern metering
Photograph High Band Memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1/20, ISO 80
Pattern metering

I used a DIY Light box and used a desk lamp as the source of my light. I love the clarity all of the medals have. These photos were taken using a Canon PowerShot SX110 IS, a compact digital camera that's a step above the point and shoot variety and below a dSLR. I photographed these images using the AV Shooting Mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...