08 November 2013

Photo Friday: Star Wars Watch

Photographing Memorabilia
f/4.5, exp 1/25 sec, exp bias +0.7, ISO 100,
Center Weight Average Metering
What young boy growing up in the late 1970s and 1980s didn't like Star Wars? Very, very few I believe. My husband was no different. One example of his preference for the movie is that he happily shares the movie with his own children. The other, was this watch found in this collection of stuff that has been in our attic for decades. So, with the theme of Brand Names for November, I'm sharing with you the photos I took of a Star Wars brand item.


Photographing Fad Items
f/4.5, exp 1/25 sec, exp bias +0.7, ISO 100,
Center Weight Average Metering

I love the smooth background of white cardboard inside a light box. However, I found it difficult to position the watch. So, after a few attempts, I decided to place a piece of fiber fill inside my light box, cover it with white muslin and put the watch back inside. Positioning the watch was easier.

1980s Darth Vader Watch
f/5, exp 1/13 sec, exp bias +0.7, ISO 100,
Center Weight Average Metering

Photography with Lightbox
f/5, exp 1/10 sec, exp bias +0.3, ISO 100,
Center Weight Average Metering

Product Photography
f/5, exp 1/10 sec, exp bias +0.3, ISO 100,
Center Weight Average Metering
Although the muslin set up made for ease in positioning the watch, the background isn't smooth. Perhaps I could lower the f-stop number and blur the background more. I might have to attempt blurring using PhotoShop Elements.

It would have been great if you could see the digital time we Darth Vader's helmet opened up. The watch stopped working long ago. But my husband remembers it fondly. What fad items do you have in your collection that you should be sharing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...