25 October 2013

Photo Friday: Homecoming Mum

Last week, I showcased a high school mum that I have stored for many years. Few people like to share their failures, but if my mistakes can help someone else, I am glad to help. This week, I want to share my second attempt. You decide if it was better.

Photographing High School memorabilia
f/3.5, exp 1 sec, bias +1.3, ISO 100 , Spot Focus Metering
For this set up, I used a closet door that was beside a large bedroom window. For the most part the door is white, but it does have a bit of a flaw in it. I might have to do some PhotoShop magic on that. Maybe not, We'll see.

There are shadows on the right side of the mum, but they aren't as dark as in the previous set up. I placed my camera on a tripod in the portrait orientation. I will crop in closer when I prepare this photo for use in my scrapbook. However, I wanted to show you where this photo was taken. Now, it's time to capture the details.

Homecoming Mum
f/3.5, exp 1 sec, bias +1.3, ISO 100 , Spot Focus Metering
With the mum hanging down, the natural shadows appeared more realistic to me. I was also able to be in a better angle to capture the details included on this mum. The only draw back, was that I was unable to spread the ribbons out as much as last week's posts. But, you can still see that my name and my date's name were on the mum.

Photo Shoot 1
Photo Shoot 2




So, what do you think? Which photo shoot was better?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...