23 August 2013

Photo Friday: A Regular Starting Point

f/3.5, Exp 1/10, Bias +1, ISO 80 Focal length 14 mm
Aperture 3.625, Metering: Center Weighted
In the past few weeks, you might have noticed that I have used very similar settings on my camera. I was flooded with objects that I wanted to photograph (and still have more) . My opportunities for photographing are very limited. Trying to match up times of day to use natural light with free time when not caring for home schooling and the home, is quite difficult.

When I'm going to take a photo, I want to take photos of a lot of objects. I need a basic starting point. So. my basic starting points include:
  • AV Priority mode
  • F-Stop at 3.5
  • ISO 80
  • Macro Focus setting
From there, I like play with the exposure setting, zoom, and switch between Center Weighted and Spot focus. Often, spot focus will blow out the background. But sometimes, it doesn't look better than Center Weighted.
f/3.5, Exp 1/10, Bias +1, ISO 80 Focal length 14 mm
Aperture 3.625, Metering: Center Weighted


So... there you have it. My basic starting point for photo graphing my family heirlooms and other memorabilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...