12 July 2013

Photo Friday: A Pair of Collectors Coins

I feel terrible having had so many coins from an ancestor but no story to go with them. Knowing how frugal and resourceful this ancestor was, he would be saying, "Yep. Sell them!" So, my husband did and fetched a fair price for them all. And I have the forever lesson of, "write the story," engrained in my head. Now... to find time to visit relatives to photograph their treasures and find out the stories behind them....

Canon PowerShot SX110 IS
f/5, exp 1/2, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80, center weight average metering
 This one felt too dark.
f/5, exp 1, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80
Spot focus metering
 This is certainly over exposed.
f/5, exp 1/2, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80
center weight average metering

This is about right.

f/5, exp 1/4, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80
center weight average metering
A little cropping will showcase the velvet-like case nicely.


f/5, exp 1/4, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80
center weight average metering

I struggled with how to showcase the coins and not have the reflection of the ribbon in the left coin. I couldn't come up with a solution. So, I took a photos in the case, then took a photo of the coins out of the case.


f/5, exp 1/5, bias +0.7,  ISO- 80
center weight average metering

That did the trick. With all the photos together, I have a nice collection of what they looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...