26 July 2013

Photo Friday: Crown Pin


Pageant Pin
f/5, Exp 1/4, Exp bias +0.7, ISO 80, Focal Length 9 mm
AV 3.34, Metering: Center Weight Average


Compared to the watch photos of last week, I essentially set up the camera with the same setting. I zoomed out (9mm compared to 13 mm). And aperture changed from 3.65 to 3.34.

Photographing Mementos
f/5, Exp 0.6, Exp bias +0.7, ISO 80, Focal Length 9 mm
AV 3.34, Metering: Spot


I switched from Center Weight Average metering to Spot Metering, which I do regularly on small objects. This affected the Exposure from 1/4 to 0.6. the aperture remained the same. The second photo is the brighter of the two. And the color of the gold becomes shinier. Perfect for an object about pageantry.

My mother, Penny Geiszler, was the editor for Turn For The Judges news service. She gathered the pageant news focused on teenagers and older women in one place. In 1994, the project started as a mail out. In 1996, the information was online on a website I created for my mother (back in the days when web design was easy to learn). As the editor, she was often asked to judge a variety of pageants or to simply attend the pageants to cover them for TFTJ (as it became affectionately known as).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...