03 July 2013

Heritage Scrapbooking: Organizing Photos into Categories

Last week, I briefly shared how I create albums under album categories in Photoshop Elements to begin the process of organizing my photos for two heritage scrapbooks. This week, I'll give you a peek at the photos I have started organizing for the project.

Organizing photos into albums using Photo Shop elements

As I mention in my eBook Create a Family History Scrapbook Digitally in 12 Simple Steps, it is okay to go overboard with the photos at this point. I have placed every document and photo related to my Grandpa Lew being in World War II in this album category. 

Using Photoshop Elements Organizer, I do not have worry about thousands of copies of my photos all over my computer. The organizer creates a link to the photo, rather than a copy. So, as long as I do not delete the photo from my hard drive when I take a photo out of an album, I can add or subtract photos from the album photos to my heart's content. 

At some point, I will narrow the photos down for this project, but for the mean time, I dumped all the related photos into the topic folder.

Organizing photos into albums using Photo Shop elements
If you're a regular reader, you'll notice two layouts in the photo above. The GREAT thing about digital scrapbooking your family history is the opportunity to reuse layouts over and over again. Additionally, since creating these two layouts about Lew's parent's, I have received three additional photos. Two of his mother and one of his father. Hooray! When I work on Lew's album, the color scheme will change and I'll see what I can do to add these new photos. Gotta love that!

July is the perfect time to start thinking about projects as Christmas presents. So... if you'd like to make a heritage scrapbook this year as a gift, get a copy of my book Create a Family History Scrapbook Digitally in 12 Simple Steps. Then start organizing photos for your albums. 

Organizing the photos for these albums is taking a while, which is fine. I said the steps were simple, not super fast. So, I will share more as I complete more simple steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...