17 July 2013

Heritage Scrapbooking: Great Father's Pages

I will soon be working on another set of heritage scrapbooks for my family. I keep searching the internet for inspiration. I came across two very well done Father's Pages and I wanted to share them with you.

Heritage Scrapbook Page Father
Father Layout by Dawn in NZ on Digital Scrapbook Place.


I don't use a ton of embellishments, preferring the simple scrapbook style. However, I love when another crafter adds just the right touch of accents but the focus remains on the photos and story. This page has an soft heritage scrapbooking palette of gray, black and blue. I love how the layout is not the traditional scrapbook 12x12 layout. It is a landscape orientation of the 11x8. There is great balance, the name of the person in both photos and a story. I can't clap loudly enough to show my appreciation of the excellent execution of this layout.  Well done Dawn in NZ.


Heritage Scrapbook Page Father
They Call Me Pappa: Tagged on Pinterest. would love to give proper credit.

Every time I look at this layout, I love it more and more. The photo is awesome. Wouldn't we all love to have crisp, clear photos of our relatives like this. I love the strong, masculine embellishments and the brown, cream, and gray color scheme. I love that the story is as important as the photo and as strong as the embellishments.  The layout also has balance and a magical something that pulls me into the page every time I look at it. I just wish I could get to the original designer from the Pinterest tag. Alas, I haven't made it there yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...