10 May 2013

Photo Friday: High School Letters

How many of you have received letters to be included on your letterman jacket for high school? Is this a late 20th century thing? Probably. I'll admit, I earned a variety of letters for my jacket and I couldn't even fit them all on! So, here's a photo of the letter that didn't make the jacket...

Photographing High School Memorabilia
f 4.5, exp 1/25 sec, ISO 100
Center Weight Average metering
 This photo is great, but there is a year charm on the school colors tassel. So, I thought a camera shift would allow for this to be seen better.

Photographing High School Memorabilia
f 4.5, exp 1/13 sec, bias +0.7, ISO 100
Center Weight Average metering
Perfect, but the white background looks a little more gray than I had hoped for.

Photographing High School Memorabilia
Level adjustment using PhotoShop Elements
A little manipulation of the white and black level sliders in PhotoShop helped me brighten up the photo. Now it's ready to tell the story of why the academic letter didn't make it onto my jacket in favor of FHA, Color Guard, and Band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...