19 March 2013

Tombstone Tuesday: Michael Kirchner (1820 - 1893)

I'll admit that I love climbing through my family tree. When my Geiszler cousins shared some information about his family, I got curious and I searched around to see what I could. Though Michael Kirchner is not related to me, I had fun requesting a photograph for him on FindAGrave.com. The monument is stunning. Someday, I hope someone will go on a bright sunny day to see what it looks like in the spring or summer. Nevertheless, the stone work is beautiful.

Photo by Mary Meadows for FindaGrave.com
Michael Kirchner is my cousin's 2nd great-grandfather. He was born 22/3 Jul 1820 in Oberbach, Steinach, BADEN, Germany. He died 5 May 1893 in Ohio, United States.

This stone also has a Christina Gillander Kirchner on it. However, I thought Michael's wife's name was Chirstina Sillmann. Could be why I'm stuck?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...