01 February 2013

Writing Challenge... Sort of

Lynn Palermo at The Armchair Genealogist, is hosting a month long Family History Writing Challenge that starts today and runs through the end of the month. The purpose is to have participants focus on writing their family history.

Basically, you pick a person(s) and set your own goal to write about them. You sign up on her challenge website and then start working on your goal. I'm hesitant to sign up for the challenge. Why?

Well, because through the month of January and February, I'm working on the family scrapbooks for the year 2012. I have 6 books to create (family, three children, and two trip books). So, does this count? Especially since I started in January? I'm not exactly sure.

I like to think the spirit of the challenge is to write and that my efforts fit the bill. Besides, once I have these scrapbooks that I create annually finished, I can return to my efforts to write the family history (and make more heritage scrapbooks to boot). And hopefully the living scrapbooks will be completed by the end of the month. Thus, I'm accepting the challenge... sort of.

Here's the other caveat. I won't be posting the scrapbooks on line. This goes back to how do I protect my family?  I might share a few layouts so that I can give credit to the wonderful designers of products I use. But the journaling will not be included. Personal history, is well, personal. And I have to protect the living.

So... again... I'm accepting the challenge, but in my own way. If Lynn says to sign up because my efforts do count, then I'll head over and sign up. Otherwise, I'm also cheering from the sidelines for all who do participate.

Let's share the love of our family this moth (see the Valentine's tie in?) by writing down the stories of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...