15 January 2013

Tombstone Tuesday: Wouldn't It Be Great?

Would it be great if a stone you found in a cemetery you visited for one set of relatives turned out to be additional family members of yours? If you have a family name like Puesecker or Geiszler, you have greater chances of finding connections. With a last name of Brown, probably not. In any case, when I was in the Obetz Cemetery looking for the tombstones of my ancestor Sherman Lewis Brown, I came across a stone for Harry Brown.

Harry and Edith A Brown
Sect 12, lot 22, spc 5
Obetz Cemetery, Obetz, Ohio

Information about Sherman's father Samuel Curtis Brown has been determined. However, Samuel's ancestors remain a mystery to date. With Sherman naming his son Harry, I wonder where that name came from. Could it be this Harry whose stone I found in the same cemetery as Sherman? There is a small possibility, but I'm fully aware that with a last name like Brown and 60 persons interred in Obetz Cemetery with the last name, it's a stretch to make that connection. However, the dreamer in me loves to wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...