04 December 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: When Flowers Get in the Way

I'm enjoying my journey into gravestone photography for genealogical documentary purposes. Wow, that's a mouthful. Yes, I like taking cemetery photos and sharing them with family history researchers.

I do my best to respect the 'rules' of cemetery photography.

  • To not do further damage to a stone. 
  • To walk softly and clean off bird poop before I take any photos. 
  • To move flowers to get a nice clear photograph.


However, in some cases, getting a clear photo is very difficult. I've shared how difficult it was to get a photo of Thomas L Williams in the Green Lawn Cemetery. His stone has a giant bush in front of his marker.

Floral-ly decorated stone in Obetz Cemetery
On this particular occasion, the flowers surrounding a stone couldn't be easily moved. So, I took the best picture I could. Hopefully Henrietta K Dillon's husband Paul won't be too upset that this photo features his wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...