25 October 2012

Using Google to Find Inspiration For Scrapbooking Memorabilia

I have been taking a lot of photos of the memorabilia of my grandparents, parents, and self. What in the world will I do with it all?

In some cases, I'll insert these photos into a written book that details the lives of my ancestors. But that is down the road. Instead, I'm on the hunt for ideas on how to include these special mementos in scrapbooks about my family members.

In doing a search for inspiration, I came across some terms that worked better than others. Using Google to do an image search for "scrapbook memorabilia," I came across very few great leads. I did come across an article at the The Daily Digi about using mementos. I applaud their inclusion of artifacts in their scrapbook page examples. Some of them are just too busy for my liking. I really liked the page featuring London.

I like to use of the memorabilia on this traditional scrapbook page.

Browsing further, I came across a layout that used a shot gun shell. My husband loves shooting guns and so I was attracted to this layout by mshanhun in the Studio Girls ScrapbookGraphics gallery.

Clay Pigeon Shooting by mshanhun

Although I could browse further, I still wasn't great inspiration as easily as I hoped. I tried a new search term. This time I searched "shadow box emphemera."

I found a lot of inspiration by thinking 'out of the box'. Most shadow boxes are organized in such a pleasing way, I can easily imagine future scrapbook pages based on some of the following shadow box examples. Sure some are overwhelming, but I understand the ideas of placing things as a collection to tell a story. Or, of compartmentalizing items.

Photo Source: La Belle Brocante.

Photo Source: Pink Chic Boutique on Etsy

The final search term I used for inspiration was "Shadow Boxes Military". I found this example and could easily see a future scrapbook page about my grand father who served in the military with his awards and such nicely arranged around his photos.

Photo Source: Legend of the Hearts


So this point of this post is to imagine ways you'll use your memorabilia in scrapbook pages. Whenever I come across another awesome incorporation of memorabilia in a scrapbook layout, I'll be sure to highlight them. Now... to get to work on my own layouts using memorabilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...