31 October 2012

Heritage Scrapbook Basics... Color Palette Resources

One of the hardest parts about creating a digital scrapbook is choosing the right color combinations. I'm not a graphic artist per say, so I love when I can find resources to help me identify which colors come together nicely. I have found a website that I LOVE.

The Color Combinations website is primarily used for selecting carpet and paint colors for a home. However, color schemes and color palettes that work well in nature work well in home deco. And color palettes that work well in nature and the home, often work well in scrapbooking.

Here is just a sampling of color schemes that I found on the website that could be useful in selecting a color scheme for a heritage album. Using these color palettes as a guide will help you pick coordinating papers and embellishments that will enhance your family history album.


ColorCombo295 uses browns and pinks
ColorCombo 287 uses monochromatic greens
ColorCombo 191 uses maroon and gray
ColorComb12 uses navy blue and gray

ColorCombo79 is probably one of my favorites.

As you can see, there are a variety of color palettes that you find to help you in your family history project. Perhaps I would tweak the ColorCombo295 with the pinks and browns to complete my colors more. But at least I have an idea of the color range to include in a palette. There is nothing that says I have to use these suggestions exactly as recommended. I love having a starting point to tweak.

There is another website that has fabulous color palettes for neutral shades. Once I rediscover it, I'll share that link with you.

I hope this helps those of you creating heritage albums to have a color palette in mind to enhance your scrapbook paper and embellishment choices. Perhaps one day we'll have to do a digital scrapbook challenge utilizing some of these color choices. Hmmm.... That gives me an idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...