11 September 2012

Tombstone Tuesday: What I did to take myself out of a grave marker

When I was taking photos of gravestones, I took a lot of photos. I didn't have a great system for checking the photos on my camera while at a cemetery. (Okay, so I was a bit lazy). When I sat down with my computer to review some photos, I found myself in the monument.

I might want to use this photo as a cover photo for my blog,
but I'm not sure that this family would appreciate it.

Now as cool as it is to have a photo of myself discovering my new passion, I don't think the O'Gorman family really wants to see me reflecting back at them. And I'll admit that if I had checked this photo on my camera before moving on to the next one, I wouldn't have to use any post shoot processes. But, if you have any photos with yourself in the photo, then a little time in a photo editor will work wonders.

 I use Corel Paint Shop Pro. I used a combination of the clone tool and their touch up tool to take me out of the gravestone. I could write a post about step by steps how to, but quiet honestly, just play with the tools until have the look you seek. Some stones are easier to work with than others. But take a look at my improved photo.


 Here's another mistake. I think the post work is a little better than the O'Gorman marker, but again, you just have to play around.

Original Photo
Photo without myself in the image.

 So, if you have a photo with you in the grave marker and are a little creeped out by that, or what a photo without your distracting the viewer, then you can work some photo editing magic.

Happy Blooper Fixing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...