15 May 2012

Countdown Begins...

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm so excited!

Next week I turn the reigns over to my husband to care for our five children as I hop in a car and travel to Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio. I'll be going to several cemeteries (Green Lawn, East Lawn, St. Joseph, Obetz, Oak Grove, and Sunset to name a few). I'll be scanning photos and documents in the possession of my aunt, my father's cousins, and my distant cousin. I'll be going to the Ohio State Archives and the Columbus Metropolitan Library (where the Franklin County Genealogical Society's collection is housed). In short, I'm going to be working my tail off trying to make a dent in research that I can not do online in Iowa.

I'm looking forward to my journey to the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...