My plans for the upcoming trip are to
- Visit several cemeteries within Franklin County, primarily Green Lawn, Obetz, Oak Grove /Georgesville, St. Jame's Luthern, St. Joseph, Sunset, Union Grove, and Wesley Chapel (to name a few, ha!)
- Visit with several relatives and hopefully scan/photograph their files and photos
- Visit German Village and attempt to absorb the history and the reasons why Germans immigrated to Columbus, Ohio (forgive me for saying, "of all place". But the point is, America in 1850 and a vast number of places immigrants could have gone. Why would someone be drawn to Columbus, Ohio?)
- Visit the Ohio Historical Society to examine Naturalization records
- Visit the Columbus Metropolitan Library to examine Columbus Dispatch Obituaries and to visit the Franklin County Genealogical Society collection which is now housed at the downtown library
- Hopefully visit the Palatine to America offices which are headquartered in Ohio.