03 January 2012

Motivation Monday ... Patience is Paying Off, again

In the previous post, I shared pictures that I received from a Geiszler cousin with photos of my father Robert Geiszler as a young child. When I received these photos, I also received some photos of my father at two different Christmas events. Again, I wonder why my father's cousin has these photos. Plus, I wonder if these photos are apart of a greater collection. And of course, I wonder where the pictures were taken and what daddy got.

Kid's excitement for presents is timeless
 There is no information identifying this picture. I think my father is around four years-old as has a similar hair style to a picture of him at that age. I would love to know what home this was taken in and who the people are associated with the legs in the photo

Daddy got a toy gun
Though I don't know what gun this is I do remember that my grandfather had a collection of guns and was a member of a hunting club. My father enjoyed going on hunting trips as an adult. So, this picture ties nicely into that narrative. I wonder if anyone recognizes this gun. Plus, I'm curious about the other presents under the tree. They look like they could be parts of a railroad set. My father adored railroad sets throughout his life. This would fit nicely into that narrative as well.

Patience with my family members as they dig through their documents and photos have paid off. I sure wish we all started this process earlier so that perhaps we could have answers from those who are not around to tell us the story. However, these photos are so valuable, and I treasure them and all of my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...