28 June 2011

Tech Tuesday: Family History Scrapbook



In my post Plans for Family History, I touched briefly on my goals of presenting my family history research in a 'kid' friendly format. I recently created a 33 page heritage scrapbook with Penny as the focal point. I created a photo family tree, a time line, and descendent pages. I then included pages on her parents, and four grandparents. Then I included things about her life: birth, youth, sisterhood, twirling, high school photos, wedding, and married life.

I hope to share some more pages from the album. I'm really impressed with the turn out. I will note that I decided to print this out as the 'standard' 12x12 scrapbook size. I'll admit that it's cool that the book is so large. But, that's the problem. The book is so large. I can't find a good place to store it. It's a bit awkward to handle. I may someday try the 'new standard' of 8x8. However, I've been doing scrapbooking at the 8.5x11 size for many years and I'm most comfortable with that size. We'll see.

I used Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 to create my customized pages. I know there are many heritage album places (or scrapbook album) available for the novice scrapbooker. I don't like the rigidity of these services. I also don't like how they do not enough space for content. And a heritage album needs content!

Anyway, stay tuned for future postings from Penny's album.

Tech Tuesday is a daily blogging prompt from GeneaBloggers, the genealogy community's resource for blogging. It is used by many genealogy bloggers to help them tell stories of their ancestors.

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking into Heritage Books and love the idea. I am not a scrapbook person but would love to learn how to do this on the computer to make a book. Do you have any suggestions as to what program to use and how did you print a 12x12?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...